Graphic Designer - Storytelling team
Children’s Relief International (CRI) mission of taking the light of Christ to the poor began in March of 2000. Since that time CRI has grown from one project in Mozambique to over a dozen, from one staff member (Alan, our President, and Founder) to over 60 staff members across the US and from one program that delivers aid to over 20 in multiple locations across the globe. As we answer the call to be a part of this lasting work, we seek to C.A.R.E. in everything we do. The following are our four core outcomes:
Care - The most urgent spiritual and physical needs in our world begin with children. We provide care by meeting needs such as nutrition, education, clean water, and more as we seek to share God’s love and compassion for all his people.
Awaken - Our goal is to awaken God's people to compassion and generosity by sharing our experience.
Raise - As we provide care to the poor and awaken God’s people, we seek to enable his people minister in both Word and Deed by sending teams to support our international partners and programs.
Enable - Our final core outcome is to enable those who are willing to answer the call by recruiting, training, sending and supporting missionaries to serve with us, whether Nationals or Americans.
Our storytelling team is looking for a skilled graphic designer to help us tell our stories of hope and redemption in a beautiful way. You will work on our new storytelling team as we help build and shape our brand and our organizational culture. At CRI, our team has a direct impact on bringing lasting life change to the poor all over the world. If you have a strong calling to use your creative talent for more, we would love to get to know you.
- Design of promotional print materials
- Design of digital assets for web
- Develop compelling story posts for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Learn new systems and processes for coordinating with our teams
- Work within our project timelines to ensure deliverables are on time
- Effectively manage client communications and expectations regarding design deliverables
- Over time, develop an understanding of our programs and how to tell their stories visually
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must have a positive attitude and like to have fun
- Able to effectively work in a team environment, yet be able to work independently as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exemplary brand ambassador skills
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & inDesign is a must)
- Work in a Mac only environment
- Knowledge of office programs (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, etc.)
- Production level design skill and knowledge of print processes
- Strong understanding of designing for web and social media
- Strong understanding of typography and clear design aesthetic
- Strong knowledge of social media channels
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
- Strong writing skills a plus
- Adheres to and acts in line with the CRI’s Principals and Beliefs
- Fun work environment
- Knowing your work has a direct impact on people's life lives
- Travel to our international partnerships
- Paid time off
- Location flexibility
Every staff member at CRI raises support for their salary. This position is not a traditionally paid salary. Support raising training will be provided, and you will have a support coach to walk through the process with you.