Are you a student with a passion for creativity and meeting the needs of the poor? Have you ever thought about combining the two? Children’s Relief International is a Christ-centered non-profit organization with a mission to take the light of Christ to the poor of our time. Join us for just a semester, or better yet, a one-year commitment as a Writing Intern. You’ll work hard to participate through your words in God’s dignity-restoring, honor-giving work to those in deep poverty through the power of story. You will also have the opportunity to travel overseas with us on a creative trip and use your God-given talents to raise awareness about those living on less than $1 a day. Help us break the chains of poverty and share the hope of Jesus with the world.
Speak on Behalf of Those in Deep Poverty
- Serve with our writing/editing team and help strengthen our strategies of communicating the stories of those in need
- Work on writing projects on overseas trips, capturing pictures through words
- Collaborate with the CRI’s Media and Communications team to best represent the work we do to the Western world
- Engage in materials, with your staff mentor, to learn how your theology impacts your storytelling
Come and See
See the face of deep poverty up close and personal. Use your storytelling skills to raise awareness for those in deep poverty.
- Join a creative-team trip experience to one of our projects overseas
- Meet regularly with your team to walk through pre-trip training.
- Hone your editorial skills to expand our non-profit organization’s reach
- Learn how to tell stories in a dignifying and honorable manner.
- Step on a plane and go!
- A strong desire to serve the poor
- Enrolled as college or graduate student
- Competent in Pages and Microsoft Suite
- Possess your own laptop
- Willingness to raise support for overseas trip[s]
- Presentation of best work samples
- Agreement with CRI’s statement of faith
This is an unpaid internship. However, you have the opportunity to raise personal support for work and trip expenses. We’ll show you how!