Web Developer - Storytelling team
Children’s Relief International (CRI) mission of taking the light of Christ to the poor began in March of 2000. Since that time CRI has grown from one project in Mozambique to over a dozen, from one staff member (Alan, our President, and Founder) to over 60 staff members across the US and from one program that delivers aid to over 20 in multiple locations across the globe. As we answer the call to be a part of this lasting work, we seek to C.A.R.E. in everything we do. The following are our four core outcomes:
Care - The most urgent spiritual and physical needs in our world begin with children. We provide care by meeting needs such as nutrition, education, clean water, and more as we seek to share God’s love and compassion for all his people.
Awaken - Our goal is to awaken God's people to compassion and generosity by sharing our experience.
Raise - As we provide care to the poor and awaken God’s people, we seek to enable his people minister in both Word and Deed by sending teams to support our international partners and programs.
Enable - Our final core outcome is to enable those who are willing to answer the call by recruiting, training, sending and supporting missionaries to serve with us, whether Nationals or Americans.
Our storytelling team is looking for a web developer with a strong knowledge of Wordpress and Woo Commerce. As the web developer, you will help as we completely redesign the CRI website, and build a child sponsorship system within WooCommerce. You will work on our new storytelling team as we help develop and shape our brand and our organizational culture. At CRI, our team has a direct impact on bringing lasting life change to the poor all over the world. If you have a strong calling to use your creative talent for more, we would love to get to know you.
- Implementation of responsive websites, with dynamic content and user role management
- Comprehensive management of websites including hosting, installation of themes, publication of new content, infrastructure upgrades, SSL Certificates, etc.
- Monitoring website visitors’ behavior and spotting trends, diagnosing problems and suggesting improvements
- Expert knowledge and broad experience with WordPress and the Divi framework
- Create and maintain process documentation
- Collaborate with designers to ensure proper design implementation
- Website content implementation and QA
- Data integration from back-end services and databases
- Willingness to learn CRM systems
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities
- Ensuring our website looks great on mobile, tablet and desktop
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must have a positive attitude and like to have fun
- Able to effectively work in a team environment, yet be able to work independently as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exemplary brand ambassador skills
- HTML and CSS knowledge are a must
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & inDesign is a bonus)
- Understanding of designing for web and social media
- Understanding of typography and clear design aesthetic
- Strong knowledge of social media channels
- Strong writing skills a plus
- Adheres to and acts in line with the CRI’s Principals and Beliefs
- Degree preferred but not a requirement
- Fun work environment
- Knowing your work has a direct impact on people's life lives
- Travel to our international partnerships
- Paid time off
- Location flexibility
Every staff member at CRI raises support for their salary. This position is not a traditionally paid salary. Support raising training will be provided, and you will have a support coach to walk through the process with you.