Support letter 101
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
CAREFULLY AND COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW.
A support letter isn't just about asking for money, rather it creates an awareness of faith (yours!) and ministries that would otherwise remain unknown. Your letter is a way to tell others about the need and your willingness to go, serve, and share in Christ's name!
It can be humbling to ask others for financial help, but the results are greater than the risk! Be bold! Be excited! Be confident that what you are trying to do is a worthy cause—because it is! Remember that the purpose of your overseas trip is to physically and spiritually help children and their families living in areas of extreme need. By sending this letter you are inviting others to participate. They will become part of your journey.
View sample letters by clicking here.
What we need from you
- Some basic info: You will begin the support letter form below by proving your name, best email, mailing address (for the completed letters to mailed to you), number of letters to be printed, and number of envelopes to be printed.
- Candid Photo: next you will upload an appropriate candid photo of yourself, 250K resolution or higher.
- Text: Write an introductory paragraph announcing that you are going on a short-term mission trip. Word count should be 125 words or less. You will enter this in the box provided below.
- Contact Information: How do you want people to to reach you if they have questions? Phone? Email? Social Media?.
How CRI will Help
- We will place your text in a pre-designed template.
- We will edit your text as needed.
- We will provide the ministry details of your trip.
- We will provide instructions on How to Give along with the amount needed and the due date.
- A PDF version will be sent for your approval. Once approved, we will print up to 30 letters free of charge. For greater than 30 letters, there will be a surcharge per letter to be deducted from your support.
- Personalized CRI return envelopes (up to 50), along with the letters, will be mailed to the address you shared in the support letter form. Mailing costs will be deducted from your support.
What else you need to do
- Create a mailing list with the names and addresses of potential supporters.
- Purchase #10 envelopes and stamps.
- On the completed letters, sign your name and write a note. Be personal!
- Write thank you notes for donations. Don't take your supporters for granted. CRI will send a donor report the second and fourth week of each month.
Any other questions?
Feel free to email our Short-Term Teams department by clicking here.
support letter form
Please complete the form in it's entirety. Support letters
cannot be processed until all information has been received.