Social Media - Storytelling team
Children’s Relief International (CRI) mission of taking the light of Christ to the poor began in March of 2000. Since that time CRI has grown from one project in Mozambique to over a dozen, from one staff member (Alan, our President, and Founder) to over 60 staff members across the US and from one program that delivers aid to over 20 in multiple locations across the globe. As we answer the call to be a part of this lasting work, we seek to C.A.R.E. in everything we do. The following are our four core outcomes:
Care - The most urgent spiritual and physical needs in our world begin with children. We provide care by meeting needs such as nutrition, education, clean water, and more as we seek to share God’s love and compassion for all his people.
Awaken - Our goal is to awaken God's people to compassion and generosity by sharing our experience.
Raise - As we provide care to the poor and awaken God’s people, we seek to enable his people minister in both Word and Deed by sending teams to support our international partners and programs.
Enable - Our final core outcome is to enable those who are willing to answer the call by recruiting, training, sending and supporting missionaries to serve with us, whether Nationals or Americans.
Our storytelling team is looking for a Social Media Strategist to help us tell our stories of hope and redemption in a beautifully in the digital space. You will work on our new storytelling team as we help build and shape our brand through social media. This role is responsible for the daily management of all social media platforms, with high-level strategy and planning. You willing develop close relationships with the entire staff to become the voice of our organization. At CRI, our team has a direct impact on bringing lasting life change to the poor all over the world. If you have a strong calling to use your creative talent for more, we would love to get to know you.
- Work with the creative team to develop compelling stories for social media
- Plan, strategize and implement a social media plan for CRI and our programs
- Monitor analytics and metrics across all social media channels, providing insight and recommendations to improve the platform
- Guide and support the development and execution of paid–for digital media (Google Adwords, Facebook and Instagram ads, MailChimp newsletter, etc.)
- Engage and nurture relationships with CRI’s followers and create engagement
- Respond promptly to all comments being an active voice for CRI and giving relevant feedback to leadership
- Over time, develop an understanding of our programs and how to tell their stories visually
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must have experience in Social Media Marketing
- Must have a positive attitude and like to have fun
- Able to effectively work in a team environment, yet be able to work independently as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and exemplary brand ambassador skills
- Highly proficient in working with all platforms of social media, including analytics and monitoring
- Knowledge of office programs (Pages, Keynote, Numbers, etc.)
- Work in a Mac only environment
- Design knowledge is a plus but not a requirement
- Wordpress knowledge a plus
- Strong writing skills
- Adheres to and acts in line with the CRI’s Principals and Beliefs
- Fun work environment
- Knowing your work has a direct impact on people's life lives
- Travel to our international partnerships
- Paid time off
- Location flexibility
Every staff member at CRI raises support for their salary. This position is not a traditionally paid salary. Support raising training will be provided, and you will have a support coach to walk through the process with you.