Are you a student with a passion for creativity and meeting the needs of the poor? Have you ever thought about combining the two? Children’s Relief International is a Christ-centered non-profit organization with a mission to take the light of Christ to the poorest of our time. We’d love to have you on our team!
Join us for just a semester, or better yet, a one-year commitment as a Photography Intern. You’ll work hard to participate through your visual skills in God’s dignity-restoring, honor-giving work to those in deep poverty through the power of story. You will also have the opportunity to travel overseas with us on a creative trip and use your God-given talents to raise awareness about those living on less than $1 a day. Help us break the chains of poverty and share the hope of Jesus with the world.
SPEAK ON BEHALF OF THOSE IN DEEP POVERTY
- Serve with our Media and Communications team and help strengthen our visual storytelling strategy
- Work alongside our main photographer with a focus on a capital campaign
- Learn the ins and outs of prep work for overseas documentary creation
- Engage in materials, with your staff mentor, to learn how your theology impacts your storytelling
- Upon return from your trip, edit your photographs, and roll out the campaign with your team
COME AND SEE
See the face of deep poverty up close and personal. Use your visual storytelling skills to raise awareness about those in deep poverty.
- Join a creative-team trip experience to one of our projects overseas
- Meet regularly with your team to walk through our pre-trip training
- Learn skills needed to document and capture stories overseas
- Learn how to tell stories in a dignifying and honorable manner
- Step on a plane and go!
- A strong desire to serve the poor
- Enrolled as a college student or graduate student
- Competent in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Possess your own laptop
- Willingness to raise support for overseas trip
- Presentation of best work samples
- Agreement with the Children’s Relief Statement of Faith
This is an unpaid internship. However, you have the opportunity to raise personal support for work and trip expenses. We’ll show you how!