Haiti Ministry Intern
Spend 6-8 weeks with our national leaders in Haiti serving those
in difficult situations and impacting lives. Their ministry is
threefold— children, women, and pastors. Join them and help
care for and demonstrate the love of Christ to the areas most
vulnerable children and orphans through tutoring, Bible lessons,
crafts, and sports. Empower and equip oppressed women to
care for their families with dignity through teaching conferences
and Bible study. See the bible school, which trains rural pastors
and church leaders in southern Haiti for the work of ministry.
You will help coordinate the ministry and teams that travel to
Haiti, while getting to engage first-hand in the ministry. These
few weeks can make a significant impact on the ministry as well as
change you for a lifetime. Join us in this great work!
ENGAGE IN THE MINISTRY:
Serve alongside our national leaders in their ministry to children, women, and adults. You will come back having changed the lives of individuals as well as being changed yourself.
- Engage in the children's ministry – teaching, tutoring,
- serving food, and playing sports.
- Assist at the children's tutoring center at least three times per week, plus give extra attention to at-risk students. These children have been raised in a psychologically wearing environment. Some of them are orphans who work for other families as indentured servants—called Restavek in Haitian Creole.
- Minister to women every week by attending and assisting
- with the women's bible study.
- Teach an English class for young adults pursuing career
- opportunities and advancement.
- A strong desire to serve the poor of our time.
- Friendly and relational personality.
- Must have completed their freshman year in college.
- Organized and self-motivated.
- Females only, at this time.
- Willing to serve with us for 6-8 weeks overseas.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to cultural differences.
- Agreement with our Statement of Faith.