Walking the mud paths of village slums in South Asia. Holding hands with a child from the “untouchable caste.” Praying with a mom who will do anything to save the life of her malnourished child. These experiences and so many more make up our Hill Country internship program. Those interns who choose to serve with us return changed. They are awakened to compassion, generosity and service among the poor. As our Internships Mobilizer your ministry flows out in two directions. You will invest in our interns, raising up future missionaries and laborers for Christ and at the same time take Christ’s love to the poorest of our world today in word and deed.
“The beautiful experience that we have by serving, we must pass on to people who have not had it” (Mother Theresa).
Find next generation leaders.
Most of our staff and missionaries began their work with us on a team trip or an internship. We have a strong calling and lots of work to do, and we need people to join us. It’s your job to find them.
- Tell stories—stories of real people with faces and names whose lives have changed forever through our internship program.
- Hit the pavement on college campuses. Make friends with internship coordinators, student organizations and of course, students. Host events on campus and represent us at conferences. Invite college students to join you in the experience of a lifetime.
Lead them into Hill Country.
We hope you like to travel! You will lead two to three internships per year to our projects in Africa, South Asia and Haiti.
- Before: Walk your interns through the in’s and out’s of travel to a foreign country and what to expect from our Hill Country internship. Talk about culture, individual expectations, group values, and lots of details.
- During: Bond with our top-notch project leaders and with your interns. Cast a vision for compassion and service as you share Christ’s love in tangible ways.
- After: Keep those relationships strong. Encourage your interns to follow-up their convictions with action. Plug them in as a sponsor, an advocate or volunteer.
- Then: Do it all again.
Raise them up to service among the poor.
We hope our internship program will be the first of many adventures in service among the poor for those who participate. And if it’s service with us, even better!
- We want to know: What are other people doing? What works? What doesn’t? Read, ask questions and search out answers.
- Give it a whirl. Find innovative ways to raise up leaders among the next generation. There’s lots of freedom here to try new things, make mistakes and learn from them.
- Passionate about serving God and loving the poor.
- Looking for an adventure.
- Likes to flex and adapt.
- Good at having fun.
- Enjoys going deep with relationships and experiencing other cultures.
- Has an affinity for airports.
- Details, details, and more details!
Agreement with CRI’s Statement of Faith.
- Come join us here at our offices in Rockwall, Texas. It’s a great place to live and work. 30-50% of your time will be spent traveling to our projects overseas. Lucky you!
- You’ll raise personal support for your salary, and we’ll help you do it. (Your salary is based on experience, education, skill level, etc.).
- And don’t forget about all those airline miles!